Thursday, February 9, 2012

J. K. Rowling - My Inspiration

(Essay for Shilp Dew, school publication)



If I had to choose a personality as my inspiration, it would be J. K. Rowling. As everyone knows, J. K. Rowling is a famous author from England who wrote Harry Potter. I have read all the books in that series and liked them very much. I have often dreamt of becoming an author  like her and I read and write in my spare time.

Why is she my inspiration?

First, she has a very nice style of writing in which she adds adventure and emotion to her stories. Her stories are also humorous and gripping. As a result, even people who never liked to read books picked up the reading habit from Harry Potter books! I would like to create interesting fantasy plots just like she does. Interesting fact: J. K. Rowling came up with the plot for Harry Potter while sitting in a train!

Next, she went from rags to riches by working hard and believing in herself. Did you know that Twelve publishers rejected Harry Potter before it was published? That shows her confidence and determination. She did not give up until she reached her goal and hence she succeeded in her life. That is very inspiring indeed!

So, in summary, I want to be creative and determined like J. K. Rowling, and become a good writer myself! She is a true inspiration for all of us children who want to do something great in our lives.

No comments: