Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The three friendly dots

By: Pratya
Three words: X, Y, A
Word-giver: Devanshu, Vidyashilp Academy


Hi! I am X, simply X. These are my friends A and Y. We are just three points.
The math teacher in Grade 4 had drawn us on the board to teach circles to students.  God creates humans, Humans create us! Don't they know that we have life? I was so dizzy going around the circle!

"I want to talk to you," groaned A.

"There are no corners where we can stop to talk to each other, remember this is a circle!" I reminded him.

"I have an idea!" exclaimed Y.

I grinned. Y could come up with the craziest ideas, well, she was a girl after all, what do you expect?!
Y, who seemed to read my mind, started off excited.  But A cut her short. "What's your plan?" he asked Y.

"Let's go anti-clockwise!" Y replied.

We tried it, but it was no use. "Uh oh!" muttered Y.

"I need to tell you a secret" A demanded impatiently.

"I have a brainwave", I burst out, making Y and A jump. "You could've woken up the teacher!" Y said with a laugh.

"You see that dog the teacher drew? Let's ask him to rescue us."

"Good idea!" said A. "Doggie, come here!" I commanded.

The dog didn't budge. "She listens only to girls!" said Y slyly.

"Doggie, come here!" said Y in her sweetest voice. He still didn't budge.

"See!" I said.

Suddenly, A gasped. "What happened A?" I asked.

"I have a wonderful idea!" he said.

"Great!" Y muttered.

A ignored her. "You both stay where you. I will walk. Once I go near X, I will grab hold of him and take him. We both will walk towards you."

"Tada! I'm the queen, X is the culprit and you are the soldier. You are going to capture the culprit X and bring him to the queen me!" Y said making us roar with laughter.

So we did it. A grabbed me and we went to meet Y. Everything worked perfectly!

"You're awesome A!" said Y.

"It's nothing!" said A modestly.

"Now, what did you want to tell me?" I asked A.

"I just wanted to meet you guys and tell you that 4th grade students are way cool!" said A.

"It's obvious" I said with a grin.

"Good night!" said Y with a yawn.

A slept on me and Y slept on A.

The next day the teacher was surprised to see only One Dot! Can you guess why there was only one dot?




THE END

No comments: